Did you know that more than fifty construction employees of home improvements fall off their ladders annually. Half of these casualties are people that were doing a project from the ladder. The main reason the deaths occurred was since they were stepping down from the ladder. They did not follow ladder lock security. The ladder either slide from its base or tilted sideways.
The most important factor with the ladder is ensuring the lock is used and in its correct placement. Some standard guidelines are as follows:
- Ladders that are 48 feet or more in length should have 5 feet of overlap.
- Ladders that are 32 to 48 feet tall ought to have an overlap of a minimum of 4 feet.
- Ladders that are less than 32 feet long need to have an overlap of 3 feet or more.
- Extension ladders need to have the top part locked and overlap the two sections.
- Locks must be greased and oiled on a consistent basis.
A ladder lock you ought to think about using is the Hook Um Ladder Lock. It is among the newest and most advanced. The Hook Um Dano guarantees safety, plus it likewise stops theft. You can use it to fit your van, truck, or ladder racks. There are no loose chains, wires, ropes, or straps. If you are taking a trip, your ladder is secured, and safeguarded from thieves and mishaps. You get a complete guarantee from the manufacture for one year.
Post Sponsored by http://www.chelseaglass247.co.uk/